2024 Pennsylvania NABIP Emerging Leaders Program
The Pennsylvania NABIP is pleased to announce our 2024 Emerging Leaders. The Emerging Leaders Program provides up and coming individuals in the healthcare insurance industry with personal and professional growth opportunities through intimate dialogue with and exposure to both senior level industry leaders and regional business leaders.
2024 Emerging Leaders Program
Acting under the Pennsylvania NABIP’s guiding principles of EDUCATE, COMMUNICATE & ADVOCATE, Emerging Leaders was developed in 2018 and offered to select young professionals who demonstrated potential for growth and advancement within our industry. Since then, we have expanded the program with an even stronger focus on providing exposure of the selected participants to Senior Leadership in both our industry and professional community with the intention of providing additional perspective to further their already promising careers.
The Emerging Leaders Program will be a 15 month program commencing in February, 2024 during which selected participants will meet with leadership from area carriers, broker firms, legislative and technology companies.
Program highlights will include:
- Welcome luncheon event to kick off the Emerging Leaders program
- Monthly meetings providing exposure to relevant leadership perspectives and experiences through intimate discussions, case studies, and featured speakers.
- Periodic networking gatherings with fellow participants and executives throughout the program
- Inclusion in all the Pennsylvania NABIP education and networking events throughout the program
- Courtesy admission to the Pennsylvania NABIP Annual Conference and the cocktail party following the annual golf outing
- Program conclusion luncheon
- Participants ideally will have at least 5 years of experience and serve in a leadership capacity either at their employer or in their community.
- Participants should have support from senior leadership within their company prior to applying for the program.
- Each candidate will be asked to submit a letter of professional reference,
their resume, and a current headshot.
- Participants should expect to dedicate 10-12 hours per quarter to this program.
- 18-24 candidates will be selected to participate in the 2024 program.
Emerging Leaders, once chosen, would be required to do the following:
- Actively participate in all Emerging Leaders events and projects
- Volunteer as requested at selected Pennsylvania NABIP events throughout the year
- Recruit one new member to join the Pennsylvania NABIP during the program year
- Maintain membership in Pennsylvania NABIP – All NEW members will receive a $50 discount off of first year of annual dues
- Submit program participation fee of $395. Fee is discounted to $295 if participant works for a current Corporate Partner of the Pennsylvania NABIP
I looked forward to being a part of Emerging Leaders to gain a clearer understanding of our industry from the inside out. The program delivered that and so much more. Not only did I become far more familiar with the carriers and major organizations working together to serve our area, but it was a privilege to see them working so well together to benefit us all. The speakers we had offered valuable insight into what it takes and what you can expect when you settle into this industry for the long haul. I appreciate the time and commitment of all involved for bringing us together and will always feel proud of my EL class and all their accomplishments. I will forever be thankful for the personal growth I achieved during this time and the challenges I will continue to face in my career because of my participation in this program.
Being a part of the Emerging Leaders Program helped me to not only expand my network within the industry, but further advanced my knowledge as well. The caliber of speakers and industry leaders who spent their time with us giving their professional advice and expertise is truly invaluable. If you are given the opportunity to participate in this program, take it and run with it because programs like this don’t come around often. Embrace it with an open mind and you’ll find that the possibilities of what you can get out of this program are endless. What I have learned over the past year not just from an industry standpoint, but from a personal standpoint, will stick with me for life.
Sr. Account Manager, Employee Benefits
Johnson, Kendall & Johnson
The Emerging Leaders program provided me the unique opportunity to pull back the curtain on the Philadelphia insurance industry through small group interactions with veteran executives in the field. Not only did we learn from and engage with these busy and accomplished leaders, but we also improved on our business acumen through seminars taught by highly sought after educators. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in the program and would recommend it to any aspiring insurance professional! I only wish it could have lasted longer!
Director of Sales & Operations
Patriot Benefits Group
Sara Allison Simkins
Sr. Employer Services Specialist, Compliance
The GPAHU Emerging Leaders Program was a critical part of my early career development. The program increased my understanding of the local health insurance products, as well as improved my overall network in the industry. I would highly recommend this program for any aspiring young benefit consultants or insurance sales representatives in the Philadelphia area.
New Business Manager
The GPAHU Emerging Leader Program was invaluable to my professional growth. The program was filled with individuals that were engaged with the growth opportunity that it offered! This allowed me to meet, learn, network and befriend many talented and successful people! The ELP gave me a better understanding of our industry as a whole as the program introduced and consisted of brokers, consultants, carrier reps and the current leaders across the industry. It also helped with breaking down some of the barriers you may expect when paired with your competition and allowed me to see that everyone is all working towards one common goal which is to provide quality healthcare solutions for all!
We hope you will consider applying or encouraging an emerging leader in your company, industry, or networking circle to apply for this meaningful program.
|January 22, 2024
|Deadline for Emerging Leaders applications
|Week of January 29, 2024
|Notification of accepted participants