2020 GPAHU Emerging Leaders Program
The GPAHU Emerging Leaders Program provides up and coming individuals in the healthcare insurance industry with personal and professional growth opportunities through intimate dialogue with and exposure to both
Acting under the GPAHU’s guiding principles of EDUCATE, COMMUNICATE & ADVOCATE, Emerging Leaders was developed in 2018 and offered to select young professionals who demonstrated
The Emerging Leaders program will be a twelve month program in which selected participants will meet with Leadership from area carriers, broker firms, legislative and technology companies.
Program highlights will include:
- Welcome luncheon to kick off the Emerging Leaders program
- Monthly meetings providing exposure to relevant leadership perspectives and experiences through intimate discussions, case studies, and featured speakers.
- Periodic networking gatherings with fellow participants and executives throughout the program
- Inclusion in all the GPAHU education events throughout the program, including the GPAHU Golf outing
Emerging Leaders, once chosen, would be required to do the following:
- Actively participate in all Emerging Leaders events and projects
- Volunteer at the many GPAHU events throughout the year
- Recruit one new member to join the GPAHU.NAHU during the program year.
- Maintain membership in Greater Philadelphia Association of Health Underwriters
Participants ideally will have at least 5 years of experience and serve in a leadership capacity either at their employer or in their community. Participants should have support from senior leadership within their company prior to applying for the program. Each candidate will be asked to submit a letter of professional reference, their resume and a current headshot. Participants should expect to dedicate 8-10 hours per quarter to this program. 10-15 candidates will be selected to participate in the 2020 program.
April 1st – April 30th Application Period
We hope you will consider applying or encouraging an emerging leader in your company, industry, or networking circle to apply for this meaningful program.