2019/20 GPAHU Emerging Leaders
The GPAHU Emerging Leaders Program provides up and coming individuals in the healthcare insurance industry with personal and professional growth opportunities through intimate dialogue with and exposure to both
Acting under the GPAHU’s guiding principles of EDUCATE, COMMUNICATE & ADVOCATE, Emerging Leaders was developed in 2018 and offered to select young professionals who demonstrated
Applications now being accepted through March 31st
The Greater Philadelphia Association of Health Underwriters is pleased to announce that applications for the 2019 GPAHU Emerging Leaders Program are now being accepted. The Emerging Leaders program provides up and coming individuals in the healthcare insurance industry with personal and professional growth opportunities through intimate dialogue with and exposure to both senior level industry leaders and regional business leaders.
Acting under the GPAHU’s guiding principles of EDUCATE, COMMUNICATE & ADVOCATE the Emerging Leaders program was developed in 2018 and offered to select young professionals who demonstrated potential for growth and advancement within our industry. In 2019, we are expanding the program with an even stronger focus on providing exposure of the selected participants to Senior Leadership in both our industry and professional community with the intention of providing additional perspective to further their already promising careers.
The Emerging Leaders program will be a twelve month program in which selected participants will meet with Leadership from area carriers, broker firms, legislative and technology companies.
Program highlights will include:
- Welcome luncheon to kick off the Emerging Leaders program
- Monthly meetings providing exposure to relevant leadership perspectives and experiences through intimate discussions, case studies, and featured speakers.
- Periodic networking gatherings with fellow participants and executives throughout the program
- Inclusion in all the GPAHU education events throughout the program, including the GPAHU Golf outing
Emerging Leaders, once chosen, would be required to do the following:
- Actively participate in all Emerging Leaders events and projects
- Volunteer at the many GPAHU events throughout the year
- Work on at least one Emerging Leader Newsletter throughout the program
- Maintain membership in Greater Philadelphia Association of Health Underwriters
Participants ideally will have at least 5 years of experience and serve in a leadership capacity either at their employer or in their community. Participants should have support from senior leadership within their company prior to applying for the program. Each candidate will be asked to submit a letter of professional reference, their resume and a current headshot. Participants should expect to dedicate 8-10 hours per quarter to this program. 10-15 candidates will be selected to participate in the 2019 program.
- March 31st Deadline for Emerging Leaders applications
- April 1st-19th Review of applications and candidate interviews
- Week of April 22nd Notification of accepted participants
- Early May Kick off and Welcome Luncheon
We hope you will consider applying or encouraging an emerging leader in your company, industry, or networking circle to apply for this meaningful program.